Fluffy and sweet chocolate mousse which is also vegan and healthy. What more can you ask for? This dessert recipe is perfect for the holidays (healthy holiday food alert!) but ofcourse it’s also great when you are having friends over for dinner. Have you ever heard of aquafabe? It’s what we use to replace eggs in this recipe and you can make it yourself in just a few simple steps. Do you want to make this healthy dessert yourself?
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE FOR DESSERT
Chocolate is always a good idea, right? So this chocolate mousse will definitely make you happy! It’s even possible to create a vegan version of this dessert by replacing the eggs with aquafabe. Aquafabe is the liquid inside a can of chickpeas, you know the strange fluid you normally trow away. No more food waste! Making aquafabe from scratch it really simple but it will take some time. The wait is totally worth it though because you can make a lot of fun recipes and dishes with it. So how do you make aquafabe?
- 75 grams of pure (85%) chocolate
- liquid of 400 gram chickpeas (canned)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 4 drops of vanilla stevia extract
- Drain the chickpeas and save the liquid. (Also save the chickpeas for another yummy dish!)
- Whip the liquid for a good 10 minutes with a mixer on high speed. This is where you need that little extra patience 😉
- Melt the chocolate au bain marie style and leave this to cool for 1 minute. Mix this with the drops of vanilla stevia extract and eventually slowly add the aquafabe to the chocolate mixture.
- Gently mix the chocolate and anquafabe together until you get fluffy chocolate mousse.
- Place the chocolate mousse in the fridge for 2 hours. This process will greate a thicker and light substance that you will love!
And that’s how you make aquafabe and a healthy vegan dessert. I’m guessing you are going to think twice about trowing that ‘weird chickpeas liquid’ in the garbage next time.
Do you use aquafabe often?
Use #healthywanderlust when you post one of our recipes, we would love to see it!