We have a new bananacake recipe to share with you! Kind of, with a twist. The healthy banana carrot cake is the perfect healthy snack or bite after a good workout. We always make sure to pack up some healthy snacks when we hit the road or even when we spend a day at the office. Healthy snacks make it a lot easier to contain a healthy lifestyle. Ready to hop into the kitchen together?
HEALTHY SNACK | HEALTHY BANANA CARROT CAKE
Are you also a big fan of the traditional bananabrad recipe? We are confinsed that you will enjoy this cake as well. It’s also kidsproof by the way! You can find a lot of healthy snack recipes in Healthy Wanderlust so make sure to look around. We are sure there are plenty of recipes that you will love. Do you know when not only take our healthy snacks with us everywhere we go? We also make sure out to-go-bottle is filled up with one of our favorite Simplici-Tea tea blends. It’s so important to drink enough!
- 3 (rijpe!) bananas
- 4 large dates
- 200 grams oats flour
- 2 (rasped) carrots
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 40 grams mixed unroasted nuts
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp speculaas kruiden of Pumpkin Spice Mix van Green Gypsy Spices
- 2 eegs
- 100 ml almond milk
- Coconut oil
- Optional: add some protein powder
- Preheat the oven on 10 degrees.
- Cut the dates into small pieces and let them soak in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Mix the bananas with the soaked dates, eggs, rasped carrot, almond milk and baking powder until it turns into a smooth mixture.
- Cut the nuts into small pieces (the way you like it!) and add these together with the herbs and oats flour to the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Grease a baking tin with some coconut oil and add the batter.
- Place the backing tin into the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Let the cake cool off for a while after baking it in the oven.
- TIP: freeze some slices so you always have a healthy snack to go!