Time for a brand new recipe. A healthy (vegan!) snack this time. Delicious, healthy and vegan chocolate muffins you can’t say NO to. You babes often tell me you would like to snack less, eat sugar less and eat more healthier. So it became my mission to create a new recipe that would be great for your snack moments. A girl needs her chocolate right? It’s really simple so you can easily make them yourself.
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE MUFFINS
I created a lot of healthy snack recipes for you on Healthy Wanderlust, have you already seen all of them? Snacks that are perfect before and after a workout, snacks that are easy to take with you (on-the-go-snacks!), snacks to provide you with more energy or to simple enjoy at every moment during the day.
You might also like the Pumpkin Spice Bliss Balls. Don’t hesitate and make sure to make at least on batch of these healthy muffins or bliss balls.
INGREDIENTS: (FOR 14 MUFFINS)
- 120 grams oats flour
- 140 grams almond or spelt flour
- 50 grams coconut blossom sugar
- 50 grams unroasted nuts
- 1 ripe banana
- 60 grams (unsweetened) cacoa powder
- 2 tbsp backing powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp chiaseeds
- 60 ml water
- 350 ml almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven on 180 degrees,
- Mix the water and the chiaseeds together and let this soak for 10 minutes.
- Chop the nuts into small pieces and mash the banana.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cacoa powder, backing powder, salt, nuts in a bowl and mix them together. Add the almond milk, melted coconut oil and chiaseed mixture and keep mixing all the ingredients together.
- Grease the muffin backing tin with coconut oil and add the batter to the muffin molds. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin forms (fill for about 3/4 of the forms).
- Place the backing tin for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Let them cool off afterwards.
- TIP: place some of the muffins into the freezer so you can have a healthy snack whenever you grave this the most!
What is your favorite kind of muffin?
Use the #healthywanderlust when you make one of our recipes, we would love to see this!