It’s that time of the year again right? The time of the year to go wild with fall spices. I love it! Last week I got a cup of coffee at Starbuck and I noticed that the Pumpkin Latte was back. It’s a favorite Starbucks blend of many people and with a little bit of imagination and creativity I decided to create my own pumkin latte bliss balls. They turned out pretty great babes!
Bliss balls are a great snack and if you make enough you have a healthy snack for the entire week. Did you know to can also freeze a batch of blass balls? That way you never run out of healthy snacks. Shall I tell you how you can make these pumpkin spice bliss balls yourself?
INGREDIENTS: (FOR 8 BLISS BALLS)
- 100 grams pumpkin
- 3 dates
- 50 ml coffee
- 50 grams oats
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- 30 grams (unroasted) almonds
- pinch of nutmeg
- Leave the dates to soak for 10 minutes in a bowl of hot water. This will make them softer and easier to mix together with the other ingredients.
- Cut the pumpkin into smaller pieces. Cook these pieces in boiled water for 10 minutes. Drain and leave to cool off.
- Make some coffee and leave this to cool off as well.
- Cut the almonds into smaller pieces in the meantime.
- Puree the pumpkin together with the coffee and dates untill it becomes a smooth mixture. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Grab small amounts out of the bowl and create balls between two hands. Continue untill all of the ‘batter’ is gone.
- You can also cut some extra almonds in fine pieces and roll the bliss balls over the mixture.
- Place the bliss balls in the fridge so they can become firmer.
- READY TO-GO!
Take a look at other SNACK recipes.
Use the #healthywanderlust when you make one of our recipes, we would love to see this!
- WHAT IS KOMBUCHA AND IS IT HEALTHY? - 11/01/2019
- SORE THROAT TEA | ANTI-FEVER - 10/01/2019
- ZUCCHINI BROWNIES - 21/12/2018