I got something new and exciting for your babes! Vegetarian and vegan saucage rolls. I know, I know, you are very welcome and thank me later! 😉 Sausage rolls were my guilty pleasure for many years untill I started eating healthy and eventually became a vegetarian. This snack was off limits! Untill now because these healthier vegetarian and vegan sausage rolls are super yummy. Would you like to make these vegan sausage rolls at your next family get together? I’ll show you how.
VEGETARIAN AND VEGAN SAUSAGE ROLLS
(THE HEALTHIER WAY!)
Do you always know what to serve your guest at a cozy get together? It’s kinda hard to live up to everyones expectations right? Healthy Wanderlust to the rescue! Let me inspire you with a lot of healthy and yummy snacks that your guests will definitely love. Let me know what your experience are with these vegan sausage rolls babes!
INGREDIENTS: (6 ROLLS)
- 6 pieces of puff pastry (vegan variant)
- 125 grams tempeh
- 100 grams lentills
- 1/2 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsp ginger powder
- ½ tbsp soy sauce
- Salt / pepper
- Olive oil
- Dash of almondmilk
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and defrost the puff pastry.
- Cut the union in half en slice into small pieces. Add to a pan with a few drops of olive oil. Add the small pieces of garlic and a pinch of salt/pepper. Mix this together and let this bake on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Draint the lentils if necessary and add these to the same pan. Bake for another 5 minutes.
- Rasp the tempeh into small pieces and add 4 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp nutmeg, 1 tbsp paprika powder and the baked lentils and unions. Mix everything well together and puree this with your hands.
- Cover a backing tray with paper.
- Stuf the puff pasty by spooning some of the stuffing on the right side of the pastry and closing it by folding the left side over it.
- Continue until all the puff pastry is stuffed.
- Add the sausage rolls to the backing stray and bake this for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- SMELLS GOOD RIGHT?
What’s your favorite healthy snack?